After quite successfully getting her into the car we got there.
They had taken all her clothing to be labeled, inspected her lamp for safety.
They served us a wonderful lunch of chicken and roasted Brussels sprouts.
Mother's was finely cut up already!
She soon lay down for a rest and we had a conversation with the day and night
staff about her.
One thing I pressed is that she is fast on her feet and how she had gotten away
from her first aid before she knew what happened. Also that she has orthostatic
hypotension= dizzy upon standing.
Well, wouldn't you know it.....
an hour later they call me.
She had gotten up from her nap with the girl in there,
left the bedroom without her rolator and closed the door before the girl could get out
and catch her. The girl called the nurse to catch her and mom turned around
and fell.
"Man she's FAST!" the nurse said "you just get done telling us she's fast and
then this happens- she's like lightning!" She apologized profusely fearful I would think
them incompetent ...
she fell on her rump and its carpeted, I said I was glad they didnt panic
and call the ambulance and that she is resilient .
I sure hope they learned their lesson.
Hmm, I think I will call them and tell them to expect her up at midnight
and 3-4am....
1 comment:
They will get her routine down it just takes time..ALL the info you can give them really will help. Soo happy she is there and YOU do not have to get up with her at night. Glad she was okay..they can fall and break an arm and not realize it because of their memory. My Gram broke hers and they put on a hard cast and the next morning they found that she had dug and picked it alllll off and it was on the floor the next day. Said her arm hurt but she had no idea why.. they had to put the new cast on and cover it with DUCT TAPE and put a note on it with marker.. YOUR ARM IS BROKEN DO NOT REMOVE THIS>. LOL
Post a Comment