Thursday night I had a thought-
What if mom falls and breaks her hip and goes to the hospital.
Friday morning she fell out of bed and hit her head on the night table.'
They said her feet got caught in the blankets.
She was extremely agitated when they helped her up yelling..
They sat her in a chair in her room alone.
A few hours later she attempted to get out of the chair and fell again.
Off to the hospital she went.
After hours of poking and prodding xrays and CT scan
fighting them and yells of protest
they found nothing and she went back to the home.
-
She had on stained dirty clothing that didn't belong to her,
her hair was filthy, nails had feces on them
Her eyes were goopy and infected and she had a congested cough.
I tried to no avail to get her sent to the new place from the hospital.
It being the weekend there is no doctor on duty there and you
have to be checked within 24 hours of arrival.
The woman from the new place, even though it was her day off
and she was out of town, was in contact with me and the hospital
social worker.
I cannot get over just how truly concerned she was, sending emails
and calling.
Needless to say,
my boyfriend and I are burnt out and tired of this ride....
1 comment:
I am so sorry to hear that your mom fell out of bed and hit her head. That is scary! It is good that she wasn't hurt any worse than she was. I know you will be thrilled when she gets in the new home. I hope that is soon. Wishing you all the best. I will keep you all in my prayers.
Post a Comment