Sep 18, 2015

The New Place

Yesterday we went to the new home to fill out the papers.
We had taken a tour a while ago, but for some reason this time
I was blown away.
Perhaps it was because I couldnt believe it was for mother to be finally admitted.
When we arrived there was the wonderful sound of a piano player filling
the open air space of the entire place. I felt like I was in a new york mall
or fancy restaurant the way the music sounded.
The center of the circular living space is open to the roof with huge
atrium windows above. The second floor is open also to it
large plants growing in the center below, like a mall.
When the woman showed me that mom would have the window side
of the bedroom I went into shock. A window seat ! The room is pale blue
my mother's favorite color.
They will label her clothes, hang any pictures, room enough for a comfy
chair, bathroom and shower in one right by her bed... ok now I am about to
pass out.
Then we visited the eating area and I saw the most peculiar thing.
A plate of food containing what looked like a deflated corn on the cob.
OMG it was a plate of extruded food that had been made to LOOK
Like what it was !!!!!!!!!! No piles of mashed blobs - these looked
like actual items.
The woman exclaimed who wants to eat that? Then went on to say
they are a unique place... and led us to a full kitchen that is for family
to use and cook things for gatherings WHAT?!
We have full use of anything anywhere, even the craft room Oooo!!
It is $500.00 a day. That will eat up her savings like now, then medicaid
will take over after we turn that in.

Ok, now the things I feel.
I am sorry she will have to be moved again, the poor girl has been through
hell this last two months. Apparently she slapped someone at the place she
is now.
Also, I got rid of everything to empty her apartment so there isnt anything
to bring over and decorate with.
Oh crap!
the old place just called and mom got tangled in her blanket and hit her
head at 5AM. They said she wanted to go to the bathroom so after assessing
her they did that and are keeping an eye on her.
Last night I was suddenly worrying she would fall out of bed and have to
go to the hospital- UGH !


1 comment:

CAROLDEE said...

Sounds like a heavenly place to stay to me. I sure hope they watch her and the care is better there. She needs it badly because like a child she doesn't know what to do. We had a bed rail put up on my mom's bed to keep her from rolling out. It helped her get in and out of bed too. I hope she will adjust in time and calm down some. Hugs to you I know it is hard to worry about her. :-)