Oct 18, 2012

Other's Impression of You

After cleaning father's hearing aids and shaving his head
 I took him to his favorite diner.
I do this once a week.
While walking him to his room I overheard the staff in his room
talking while cleaning.
talking about me....
"she's turning him into an alcoholic"
other one said "he has been this way since his friend died
you know how they get"

How could she say something like that about me??
How could one glass of wine a week
 "turn him into an alcoholic" ???
I am too tired to think about it
it makes no sense.

3 comments:

Bella said...

I would report those comments to mangement. At the facility where my mother lives it is posted all over the place that staff is not to comment about residents or guests. If someone is heard making comments they can (and have) be terminated.

CAROLDEE said...

Probably don't have a clue..and nothing else to talk about but other people. No way they are in the shoes that you are as a caregiver..just forget about it..nothing you are doing wrong at all.

Leave It To Davis said...

Some people are so caloused. Ignore them and know you are doing what is right for your father. My hubby's doctor tells him a glass a wine a day is good for the heart.