Mother called me at four this morning.
Groping for my glasses and spitting out my mouth guard,
I answered.
She asked if I called, then said that she got a phone call
and then spoke to the operator who told her to write down the number and call it back.....
What?????
As I woke myself up to sound encouraging and 'happy', she repeated this story
sounding "teary" because she was frustrated not being able to explain what happened.
I didn't get angry, just told her she should probably go to bed because it was
four in the morning.
After I told her I would be over in a couple hours to
check on this and she sounded better.
I know if I bring this whole thing up today as a reason I am so tired
she will be ashamed at her actions not remembering it,
and then forget that I told her and ask why I am tired...
2 comments:
Sure hope that wasn't someone trying to get money out of her. I do know some ruthless people out there will prey on the elders that really have no idea what's going on. Sad to say.
I looked at her caller ID and no one had called at all.
Post a Comment