Jun 28, 2013

Every time I think about one day moving my mother to a
memory care place
I am struck with huge fear.
She will not be able to bring much of anything with her.
I read that just a dresser, a few clothes, and a couple other items.
She will be so confused and lost!
I know she will be happy with activity and walking.
She doesn't even know where she is Now.
But it still frightens me.
My father would call me angrily threatening to leave.
 To walk out and sleep on a bench.
Every day he called for years with complaints.
Mother will do this too..... (ugh)
and then...
mother will not be able to do this.
She will not be able to express anything.




1 comment:

CAROLDEE said...

Such a hard decision to make. I hear you loud and clear. You have to think about it NOT bothering her. About her NOT knowing where she is really. If the doctors or others are saying she would not mind it then it would probably be okay. Your dad had enough sense to KNOW where he was she won't. Once she gets in a routine of some sort it might help her. She wakes everyday as a new place now..it's all new to her. Your decision will help YOU more than it will help her because right now nothing (sadly) will help. Good luck.