Jul 1, 2013

To Medicate or Not ?

I am in a true conundrum about mother being on Aracept.
She does Extremely well OFF it.
She remembers EVERYTHING !
On it = doesn't know what "doing laundry" means.
Off it = " Ok, I'll take my clothes off cause they're dirty.
On it = Cranky, agitated, obsessed with leaving, no sleep, crazy dreams
             where she calls me in the  middle of the night.
Off it = "Good Morning ! Looks like a nice day out."
On it = watching bocce - "where am I? "
Off it = watching bocce- "Ooo! just missed it! "
On it = "I don't like it here, Ohio, Ohio,Ohio....
Off it = "I am thankful I am so close to you here."

I am going to call her Dr. about it but from what I read they all have the
same side effects.
Truth be told, the only thing stopping me is that I will be looked at as negligent if
she has ALZ and I have taken her off meds !
Ok, and the fear that some other hidden symptom will rear it's ugly head and make her
unmanageable.


        

No comments: