Taking my mother to the dentist yesterday was extremely stressful.
none of the strategies I use on myself for calm worked,
I just don't know how to deal with this type of deception.
She is so much more aware now that I have taken her off her meds.
When I pulled up to the dental office she read the sign.
She didnt want to get out of car, so I said I was just going in to ask a question.
She didnt want to go in the door.
She thought I was going to sit in the chair, but obeyed the assistant.
Waiting and waiting on the Dr. I would show her photos on my ipod
and made a grocery list asking what she wanted as she kept
asking questions I could not answer-
because she would have gotten up to leave.
The procedure was relatively quick, replacing temp filling with permanent one.
Thank goodness he agreed to do this instead of crown.
She was ticked off going to the car and I took her for a very long grocery
trip, then dinner.
Just to put some different things into her head.
She didn't bring it up any more, but will in future I'm sure.
Today I feel like I've been through the wringer.
1 comment:
God do I know this exhaustion..we just have no idea what chemicals do until we take them AWAY. Glad the ordeal is over for now. Hang in there. :-)
Post a Comment