May 23, 2013

Mother

Update on her condition..
Word finding is diminishing.
Flower is bird, and everything is a bus or the mailman.
Short term memory is zero.
Long term is incorrect in many ways.
Aricept makes her agitated and repetitive to the extreme.
When she is not on it she curbs the repetitive comments and questions herself.
Seriously thinking of discontinuing it.
Able to dress and clean herself.
Yesterday I had to make her remove winter longjohns though.
Able to make meals--
Unable to remember if she has eaten-
 to keep track of this she washes her dishes, puts them away, and keeps track of meals eaten.
Bowl in sink or rack equals breakfast eaten and so on with each meal.
To keep track of clothing worn, she turns them inside out on the hangar- but wont put into basket.
Can do a 100 piece puzzle in a day or two.
No concept of tiredness from walking so she will walk (me) to death!
Any mention of going to Dr is met with resistance,
but she forgets where we are going and I just take her!
After the dentist I take her to a store and visit is forgotten (taadaa)
Wonders where all her stuff is, so I tell her she gave it to her children.
Wants to go back to ohio even though in her mind
 everywhere she has ever lived is all a big jumble called "Home" or ohio.
and she wants to be there and NOT here-
Wonders how she ended up here, cannot believe she's been here a few years.






1 comment:

CAROLDEE said...

My this does sound soo familiar. I am happy that she still knows you and can eat and dress herself and even do puzzles still. Embrace all that she CAN do now. I just hate this disease it is so hard on the family. Hugs to you today.. :-)