May 7, 2013

There are so many things I should post about but I am usually too tired to bother.
Mother is holding my arm alot more these days.
Not sure if it is balance or sensory overload when we go outside.
She feels there is "no room" on benches with one person on it, or a couple people on the sidewalk.
Her sensitivity issues make eating and bathing tricky.
 Things are always too hot, too cold, too tart.
Pain is also a tricky thing with no memory-
 I think her new crown hurts sometimes, but so does mine.
Father called and I answered it a couple days ago.
He sounded great. it is beyond me that he is still alive at 89.
He asked if he could keep in touch once in a while-
unfortunately he called again last night and I did not answer-
 I have nothing to say and I am not getting involved again.
My mother did Not want to give her friend the plants she bought for her birthday.
Actually, she does not want to give Anything away to Anyone.
We brought the plants over and my mother would not walk around lawn-
I did, and turned to find her following me,
 I went only 20 ft away but she had become nervous.

My depression and physical pain is tough to combat during all this.
Sometimes she gets pretty snippy towards me because of it.




2 comments:

CAROLDEE said...

Sounds like her condition is changing now, but guess you know that. They do have trouble walking and etc..after that my grandmother stayed on the couch a lot or in bed. Guess it is nice that she can get out and it not be too much for her now. Enjoy her while she still can converse and know you some. Hugs

Diane J Standiford said...

You deal with all this AND you write for us to learn---PAT YOURSELF ON THE BACK. There needs to be more help for caregivers, for those who need care...as baby boomers are experiencing all this, I hope they will get political or at least organized and make things change. I ache for you and your parents. And sadly, no, it does NOT get better. WE can find small patches of blue sky, smile at the rainbows, but the umbrella will be up most days. I wanted that lotto money too--for caregivers, my asst living home, power chair, etc etc etc