Well I finally got mom to the dr's for a physical.
This dr was great! So patient with mom not being able
to answer or sometimes both of us talking.
Mom did not want, but got a flu shot anyways.
The dr gently prodded for her permission.
She spent over an hour with us discussing the best
avenues to take. Like why get a mammogram if you are not
going to go through chemo? Same with a gyno visit. I mean really-why?
We all know that at this age everyone has a cancer of some-sort
but it is usually slow growing and isn't going to be the thing that kills you.
She did a breast exam & EKG. Saw that mom had refused treatment
for severe osteoporosis/bone loss last time- I encouraged her to Rx Boniva and
I will somehow get mom to take it. I have papers for bloodwork where
I asked for vit D and B12 levels be checked because of the dementia.
And a bone density scan.
She filled out as best she could a form from an assisted living
place so I can get her on the list if they say it will take five years.
1 comment:
It is hard to find a reason after a certain age, to put them through such tests. I let my mom decide and that may have cost her some years, but quality of life is our motto. We accept dying will not be pleasant.
Post a Comment