As soon as I entered the wing I could hear my mother yelling at
someone " NO!"
Her aid said mom was "in a mood today" and wouldnt let anyone touch
or direct her and hitting.
Ugh.
I waved and said Hi and she was still speaking harshly telling me to
go away and then to not put things there ( on the counter) etc...
So I went towards the lunch tables with her following until
she was telling me to sit DOWN ! on the couch.
I went to the table with everyone else deciding to let the aids
deal with directing her. she was being very snarky and threatening
me with her rollator.
After a while an aid somehow got her to the table and seated-
she had a big blanket which I carefully took away-
She wanted Every Thing and Every One away from her
so I moved one chair away and didnt look at her till
she calmed down. She was telling me to GO
that i was "running around downstairs and now up here nya-nya-nya"
I found it very interesting that she was relaxed speaking to another
resident .... i am very glad about that.
Personally I think it is all the Halloween headgear people had on
but who knows. It happens at christmas too.
Maybe it was that I had skipped a week to go on vacation.
I do know that fear comes out as anger for people with Alzheimer
1 comment:
Just stopping by to show my face and to say hi. I like how you handle these experiences with your mom. You're a real inspiration for me with my mama, she is home with me and sometimes with my brother.
Thanks for sharing that fear comes out as anger for people with Alzheimer. That's good information. I'll be on the lookout for it.
Post a Comment