When I visited my father on Wednesday I hid a present in his dresser drawer.
Christmas morning I called him,
He sounded sad.
I told him to go look. He called me back after a few.
Called me a 'stinker' and sounded quite happy.
I went over my mother's x-mas morning because I was sure she wouldn't touch
the presents without coaxing.
Later that afternoon I was shocked to find her out in the hallway
she was looking quite forlorn and sadly out the window...I couldn't
stop and reluctantly left her there.
When I called her 20min later to make sure she got home ok
she told me a neighbor had brought her dinner & walked her home.
I LOVE my neighbors..
Blessings abundant upon them.
None of my other siblings called or visited.
2 comments:
Siblings--ugh. I have two selfish ones too. They were given so much love...now when Alzheimer mom needs love...no shows. Kindness of strangers and neighbors--nothing better.
Being brought up in a home of mental illness without love, it can be hard for the children to rise above their past.
Post a Comment