Aug 23, 2010

Laundry Grocery Times Three

Took my father to Denny's,he ate an egg.
Then brought him to walmart where he got some underware,soda,orange juice,and oreos. He said 'They think I'm trying to starve myself'.I answered "Well,YA."-that was the end of the conversation.
I took his laundry home and just finished it.
Tomorrow I do my mother's laundry and take her grocery shopping.
Needless to say,I do not feel like doing my laundry or grocery shopping.Most times I don't feel like taking any time to do anything for myself...I just want to lie on my couch or bed-too tired to do anything. My brain too burdened by the tasks still left to be done. Filling out forms for a place for mother to live it doesn't matter that she isnt ready at this moment,although today I found a very burnt pot over there...What time is the right time? When you have had enough and want to create a life of your own? I have read tons of stories like that and they still care for there parent, why should I be different? My life isn't any more precious than theirs.With all the inhome care available, when does a child move their parent with dementia to a home?

1 comment:

CAROLDEE said...

I could have written this.. did I? well anyway. it tells me that we caregivers are sure going through a lot.. sigh.. resting when we can. : )