Jun 23, 2019

Alzheimer's Widower

mom was dressed, clean and more alert today.
She was able to walk well and sat at the table for lunch.
I took a video of her using her finger to "write" on the table...
I could tell she was writing in cursive and after watching the video
many times I decided she was writing her name!
Her desire to read was strong so I got a book for her
Inside the book was an interesting piece of paper that wasnt supposed to
be seen.
It was feeding orders for another resident
It read that the family had ordered not to assist in feeding in ANY way.
No spoon feeding or help at all. and below the signatures of those working there.
Cripe. I do not think i could follow that at all!

I had a conversation with a gentleman who was there
feeding his wife. I had noticed he wasnt visiting as much the past few months.
He called himself an Alzheimer widower.... he had found a reason to live.
He told me her name and that they had met in church.
She was encouraging him to eat well and exercise, he quit the whiskey that
he had been drowning himself in.
He really has been looking better...
I gave him a shoulder massage, sigh... so difficult this disease is.

Life is so strange. There is no good or bad, there just is.

mom ate 100% of her lunch and two drinks -

video of her "writing"
https://youtu.be/pxQiNMhWzTE 

1 comment:

dellgirl said...

I’m glad to hear your mom is doing well…and writing her name. It’s good she was able to sit at the table and she ate all of her lunch. Good for her!

I’m just saying hi, stopping in to see how you are doing and to show my face. I hope you are okay and everything is going well.

Wishing you a wonderful Sunday!