the last couple times I have visited mom she has been quite
contrary, kind of bossy.
I wonder if it is because the activities lady she liked is gone.
The other day I was talking to an aid who told me mom had a bad time in the bathroom.
She had diarrhea and had gone into the bathroom herself and made a HUGE mess.
Then when the aid tried to help her, mom fought her yelling and hitting her
and got poop everywhere. She had to change moms clothes and clean her
up fighting the whole time.
I relayed this to the nurse that it sounded like mom did not need to
be on daily laxative anymore as the aid told me she was
pooping a number of times a day and making a mess.
The (Nice) nurse didn't know this and looked it up.
Sure enough the records showed
numerous bm's a day.
I am Really disliking the other nurse Deb.
She had called me saying mom's glasses had been stepped on and broken--
they were fine.... she had had mom on daily laxative and had not discontinued
it after mom was pooping multiple times a day for a week!
I told the aid I took care of it and she was very appreciative...
This is why you visit and advocate.
The records could show plainly the patient needs something, but if
there is a person in charge who either doesnt pay attention,
doesnt like the patient,
or has an "I'm the Boss" attitude over the aids and they feel helpless,
things arent going to get done.
The (nice) nurse called the dr immediately and got the dosage
lessened while i was there.
1 comment:
AMEN AMEN AMEN.. have to stay on top of things.. It sure does help, I know the staff sometimes hates dealing with family but I did not care. You have to make decisions that will help your parent etc. They would for you if things were reversed. SO happy you are doing a wonderful job of it. I know it is so hard. <3
Post a Comment