i was a mess by the time i got there...
felt like i was going to barf, I had to sit in the lobby and calm
myself. Everything was boiling over emotions.
I crept into her wing , got a hug from nurse , and went into
mom's room and lay on her bed...
I poked through her clothes and noticed they had each hanger
set up with each days outfit- pants and shirt.. aw thats nice.
After a bit i went to sit with her, she was eating ground chicken
and noodles. She had nothing to drink so I asked the person to get her
her yogurt shake.
She was looking really good - clean hair and nail polish
she was talking word salad but i could understand her questions..
mostly wanting to know if i ate and what it was, and things outside
the window.
We sat for quite a while and i had icecream.
she was tired and cold so i had her follow me to the couch after
a good back rub and scratch.
I felt SO much better.
I wrapped her in a blanket and massaged her swollen ankles ..
I sang "good ship lollypop" to her and soon she went to sleep...
Love you so much mom, what am i going to do when
you are gone also? ..........

2 comments:
Oh dear one.. My heart aches for you.. you have been through so much lately. Regardless of what her condition IS, at least you have some time with her. Glad your visit went pretty well... she knew you. I think those same words came from me about missing my mom too. We get by day by day with help from our close friends..I send you hugs and prayers I know it is so very hard. <3
Carol Dee said the same thing I was about to type until I got here and saw her comment. I know how hard it is. I do. And I am keeping you close.
Post a Comment