A woman there who has helped me on and off since 2010 called
me and told me to come over and she would help me
schedule dads military honor ceremony.
She is truly a wealth of information and hands on help.
No giving me phone numbers and telling me what to do
like the other guy there.
She understands how a person can just be frozen and not
be able to carry out things that have to be done for a
loved one who has passed.
She took copies of all the paperwork and all I had to do was
provide her with a date.
Back in 2010 she had given me a list of things to do to
make my mother and fathers future easier...
she had me make my fathers bank account joint with survivorship,
and use my moms money to prepay cremation before title 19..
and countless other things I did.
Yesterday she was proactive in all aspects again,
telling me what others have done if they do not want to attend
the ceremony or personally bring up ashes,
what she had on her fathers stone, what to do with
the SS death benefit mom got and the VA one.
She told me what phone calls to expect and what they
will be about.
She also told me the ceremony is only ten minutes in length!
if you blink or if late, like my siblings are notorious for,
you will miss it.
She asked me if I was sure about scheduling a date without
asking everyone first... I replied that no one is speaking to eachother,
I asked them to tell me a few weeks ago if they had any
specific dates not to do it, its on the weekend,
and it is a month away.
Done.
1 comment:
Glad you are doing what must be done and having help too that is a real Godsend. DO what you MUST and let it go. Others can do what they want, when you notify them. Yes it is a very short ceremony I have attended several..one with bagpipers.. It was very moving. Hugs and prayers..
Post a Comment