Apr 18, 2016

Mother's staff meeting

I found mom not thrilled with her lunch.
It was mashed up Kielbasi and the pink color made her think
it wasn't cooked and she also kept spitting out the tiny pieces of rind.
After lunch, a couple bites of icecream sandwich,
and a puzzle (yay she was able to do that!)
 we walked over to the tv room for the meeting.
I informed them about why she wasnt eating her lunch
and I was informed that she had lost four pounds!
Also that she sometimes goes without a meal because she is "busy".
I was not happy about that at all, but they believe in letting residents
do their own thing...
They are going to start yogurt shakes. My father's place is doing
that with him also to put on weight but he says they are too sweet (!)
Anyways, there was the usual "we love her, she's so funny" talk...
Sorry, I am such a pessimist lol .
There were two photos of her behind the nurses desk,
one of her with a wig perched on her head that she had found,
and one of her grimacing with a garland of fake roses around her head.
(she grimaces if she has been told to smile for the camera)
They find her entertaining...
I brought up how she wasn't herself on her birthday and that started a
revealing conversation. They said she hadn't been right that entire week
and they thought it was spring fever or something and couldnt figure it
out. Then that saturday she was back to normal.
I told them it was because of her birthday and I was told that when one
of them brought her birthday balloons and tried to sing to her
mom would have nothing of it and put her hand up and said "no!".
When I had gone to see her that day she wanted to go "home" and
even said her home state ! She hasnt done that forever.
After the meeting I sat with her a while and held her hand and she
snugged in...
When it was time to go she said the most heartbreaking thing....
"I'm going to cry"


No comments: