Apr 30, 2016

Mom Fell

On the twenty first of April
mom was found in the morning by her bed unable to get up.
She had landed on her tailbone.
Xrays done a few days later were found to be clear
but she is still hurting.
Yesterday I went to see her.
She was sleeping in bed and I opened the blinds because it was
getting late for lunch and they were going to let her miss it.
(damn I hate that)
The first thing she said upon me saying my name to her
was "Goody" - sigh, I love that.....
As she awoke I lay with her and we "nom-nom-nom" kissed
cheeks and hugged.

Oh, the way it hurt her to try to raise herself was heartbreaking.
I had her roll to her side instead and brought her legs over
and she toughly sat up and after a bit she was walking.
She walks fine, and sat at the table fine also.
Her speech is word salad all the time now but I have a nice
reassuring conversation  with her comprised of nods and smiles.
Saying things just exacerbates anxiety because they hear you say
weird things.
She sat with her hands in her lap, but was quite happy to have me
feed her, so I did .
She was able to get up from the chair no problem so we went for
a walk and back to the wing where I sat her on the couch.
Adjusting herself on the couch was ouchie but soon she was nodding off
and I tucked a blanket around the back of her neck to keep her head
from getting a crick.
I stood for a while stoking her hair and forehead before leaving....




No comments: