The memory care place scheduled a meeting, so we went early to have lunch
with mom first.
She was dosing in a comfy chair with an afghan when we got there
but she wasnt acting doped up.
She said 'time for my meal' and folded the afghan and
left it on the chair !
I think the meal would have gone a lot more smoothly if we werent there
because she would have just gone and sat down. Instead there was a bit
of waiting for chairs to be arranged etc.
She got pretty belligerent and bossy telling us to sit etc.
Her mood would waver between fine and then angry in a split second....
at one point she called me STUPID six times in a row !
I just sat and smiled at her . Then she called me my sister's full name
Oh, now that's interesting.
So, after a delicious meal of crab cakes which mother would have never
eaten before but ate with gusto the whole meal, we all sat in the tv room
for the meeting..... that is, once mom thought I had left because she was
so angry she didnt want to follow me.
It was day two on adavan and they remarked at how calmly she sat
during our meeting reading a paper. Apparently she was not able to
focus for more than a second before. I told them that her sitting there
reading was "normal", so they were happy with how the medicine was working.
They showed me a painting she did, about her walks outside, how they redirect her
etc.
She never said anything but nonsense to me the whole visit,
but she did ask my bf "How are you doing? are you working?"
wow.
After the meeting they took her to a comfy chair, I gave her an american doll i had
found in a thrift store, and left without hugging her or saying goodbye.
I just didnt want to cause a disruption and the women were engaging
her about the doll.
..............................................................................
I had a hard time falling asleep last night with the vision of her
infront of me saying 'stupid' over and over-- yes i know
"it isnt her its the disease"
Also, she was stroking the arm of one of them the way she used to do
with me.... I am in the process of seeing this as a good thing,
she is relaxed with them and I know it makes her happy to comfort
another.
1 comment:
Glad she is doing okay.. when they gave my mom ativan she was completely out of it..happy she is up and around and active too. Sounds like she likes this new place better and the people.
Post a Comment