This step is Long overdue.
But mother has always been a person to avoid talking about anything adult.
Like what she wants after her demise or if she gets ill etc.
I had hundreds of conversations with my father about those things.
Thus I was able to set up things for him accordingly.
Her "answer" was denial of any kind of realistic answer.
After all in her mind she was still in her twenties!
This elder lawyer is someone I went to school with from 1st grade up
and is a FB friend.
I tried to get myself to use another lawyer, but I was SO nervous calling her.
Finding out about this guy made me feel better because I knew
him to be a calm, gentle person.
He suggested he come to mother's place to cut down on stress and
he would provide the witness.
I got the doctor's consent that he felt mother was competent enough to
sign a POA and healthcare proxy.
So, next month we will get that done and hopefully she wont get crabby
about it or too confused having strangers with paperwork in her place.
2 comments:
I'm glad you're doing this. It's such an important thing. I've had to use the POA on several occasions and the healthcare surrogate on a few.
Glad to know things are moving along in a positive way. I do hope she accepts why the lawyer is there and understands some of what is going on. Wonderful that you are taking such good care of things. Hugs to you...
:-)
Post a Comment