Dec 21, 2012

Father In Hospital

He wasn't well Monday- said he had diarrhea, so I cancelled his Dr appointment.
Then he didn't answer his phone or call, so I thought he had the flu.
I spoke daily with the staff about him and they said they were feeding him broth in his room.
Thursday they sent him to the hospital.
I called the hospital and he said dad should be in a nursing home
because he doesn't seem to be getting the care he needs.
After calling his social worker
I went over, panic rising in my throat and the metallic taste of fear in my mouth.
I helped by getting a sterile  urine cup and he tried to pee-
nope nothing came out. Yep, I have now seen my father nekid.
 They scanned his bladder and the guy said "wow!"
I stepped out while they "cathed" him (ouch)
The ER staff was so patient with me and my 'help'
as they relayed blood results to me.
So, the lab came back pos for urinary infection.
I left when they took him away for chest xray.
The Dr was so kind to me saying goodbye I felt my inner self jump out
to hug him- So I did !! :O

This morning they told me he yanked out his catheter
omg ow.




2 comments:

CAROLDEE said...

OWCcccccccccchhh indeed..those things go a lONG way when MEN are concerned anyway.. Mom had a bad infection like that and we caught it and she was INSIDE a care facility..so they can get it anytime if they are not DRINKING anything..they have to be coaxed to drink because when it hurts to pee they stop peeing.. YES they do..well I wish you well my friend I know having both parents to deal with is just monumental. NOBODY knows it unless they have experienced it themselves and every single case is different. I do hope he improves.. I know that sometimes a care facility is NEEDED but YOU have CHOICES in this matter and don't have to have him placed until YOU FIND one you like. They CAN transfer anytime..they act like GODS though and there place is the best when it is NOT. Try to have a Merry Christmas any way you can. Take care!!

Seeking Serenity said...

turned out it is his prostate.
they want to send him back to his original place with catheter.