Dec 9, 2018

Hospital

2018 the year mom forgot who I was.

Last Monday I was on the phone a few times discussing mom's cold and cough.
Then she fell again and the nurse didnt like the position her leg was in
and refused to get her up insisting she go to the hospital.
She wasnt in pain and I would have just gotten her up but I wasnt there, so.
She was in the hospital from 7 to midnight or something like that.
I didnt go and called a few times.
The secretary said she was sitting across from mom and said she was laying
quietly. That concerned me deeply!
Anyways, all blood work, urine, xrays ect. were fine.

The next day she got up around 10am and
 her aid Nichole said mom was great and she was able to give her a shower
 ( wow )

I visited wednesday after finding out her floor was no longer quarantined.
She would go from friendly to crabby and then back again so i had to
be careful as I covertly clipped ( most of ) her nails.
Taking a selfie with my phone she said
"Thats me, who's the other "
I said my name a few times but she drew a blank.
.
.
.
Nichole thought it was funny that mom turned her hat around
backwards and I said yep, thats how she wears it :)


1 comment:

Katie Isabella said...

Oh Jade. IT has to be so hard.