May 15, 2018

May 10

Visited mom finally.
There was a new coordinator there and she had not met me and was
being extra "helpful" trying to tell mom she had a visitor.
mom does not understand such things.
I politely acknowledged the woman and brought some bunches of
fake flowers to mom's room.
Her Ikea orchid and other decorations have disappeared from her dresser
so I brought packing tape and atatched the bunches to the back
of the dresser and pushed it against the wall.
I can just see people pulling them out though - sigh.
Lunch was ok, she ate everything, but every time the new woman
walked by mom would point at her suspiciously..

After lunch there was a careplan meeting about her
there are alot of new staff so i tried to fill them in about her-
The new woman said mom didnt seem to like Meditation and walks out-
to which i replied that mom cannot hear so it must be pretty boring.
I told her mom likes to walk, sing, read aloud but she has no glasses any more,
and go outside.
I asked her day person if she is still playing with her poop in the toilet
= yes. I just wish they had the staff to keep her from that- The
new lady said she is busy all day running after mom.
I was exhausted at the end of the meeting.

I looked in each room after finding a man asleep in moms bed
and finally found her trying on someones shoes.
She wanted to nap but wouldnt lay with me because I couldnt answer
her repeated gibberish question...
I sat next to her on the bed and she began to shout to a non-existent
person behind her like i wasnt there - it was too much for me.
She didnt understand me and I didnt understand her.
................................................................................................................
I did not go see her on 'mother's day'

1 comment:

Katie Isabella said...

Oh Jade...how heartbreaking.