She was no where to be found and they were almost done serving lunch.
The floor is once again filled to capacity so they were busy hand feeding many.
I gave one aid a back scratch- rub as I walked by, they work so hard...
I found mom on someones bed with no-skid socks on with a giant hole in the toe.
I got her to a table and lunch , got her shoes and socks on her.
Makes me wonder what would have happened if I had not been there...
She ate her chopped up chicken, veg , some mashed potato.
She was picking her teeth and actually let me use one of those plastic
dental floss picks! I was happy to see that her teeth were not full of past
crap, so someone has been taking care of them.
Unfortunately, the nurse popped in a medication and mom soon
got more and more drowsy till she couldnt finish her meal.
I got her a cookie and walked her over to a couch before she
nodded off.
Sat there with her and put a blanket over her and pillow behind her head
till she went to sleep.
The week before, they called saying she had been dancing-
the caller giggled saying that another resident hadnt liked that
and had pushed her and the two went down together...
she said mom was giggling when they picked her up.
1 comment:
It is so hard isn't it, to have a family member in a care home? I went through this with my grandparents, although on a whole the care was pretty good, it is never quite what we would like.
My Mum has Alzheimers, and is currently being looked after at home by my Dad, I so wish I was closer to them so I could help. I guess one day she will have to go in a home, the care is wearing my Dad out, but while she still knows who he is, he will keep her at home I believe. My sister doesn't think he should, but I can understand exactly why he is, I would do the same. She does go in for a couple of days a week for a few hours to give my Dad a break, but she doesn't really like it and is usually upset when Dad drops her off and picks her up - it is so tough.
Sorry I have probably rambled on too much!
Post a Comment