So far ......
Mom has lived in the memory care place for almost a year.
the last fall was a couple days ago..
they found her on the floor in the bathroom
with a cut and bruise on her forehead.
fck this is going to happen when i go away i know it.
" just enjoy yourself " yes i know .
.
last night I wondered
once again
How her end of life would play out...
nothing like dads quick exit i am positive
I can see it with the other residents
tipped back in their Geri-chair so they cannot run around..
buckled in as they struggle to lean forward and get out..
bored
or sleeping through their meals as the aid cannot awake them..
easier for them to take outside and events though..
then unable to move on their own, spoon fed..
then laying in the bed in the hospice room...
then
disappear....
a note-card of remembrance
A new resident arrives
1 comment:
It is so hard and sad to know what goes on day to day. I pray for her and you in the future.
Post a Comment