Jan 5, 2016

Mom Falling and Ears Gone

My mother has fallen around six times (?) since being in the new place.
Thank goodness she is wearing a padded girdle thing.
She fell yesterday while in another persons room. She was behind a door
and a nurse opened the door and startled her backwards.

When we were there for the christmas thing she couldnt enjoy the music
so I asked for her hearing aids and put them in.
The nurse said they had been with-holding them "because she doesnt like them and
she is doing much better"
How can a woman who loves music be better??
I visited her the other day and was told that the hearing aids are
gone. She seems more restless and bored than ever and she cannot
hear the floor music playing.
The staff had been telling me for a while that she was resisting
having them put them in and they do not push their patients,
so I didnt press the issue at all.
Now they have disappeared.

No comments: