Feb 16, 2013

Ill Equipped Caregiver

I think things might be getting to the point where I am ill equipped to handle them. My mother received a letter from social security giving her a new dollar amount and that the previous one was incorrect. Well, this "new amount" has got to be a mistake because it is only $200.00. What? She only gets $700 as it is. Needless to say I am massively confused.
I will be adding this to the other things I have to take her personally to the SS office for to get done.
I cannot believe I have to take her with me to the city. The snow has made parking down there a nightmare. Between her dementia and my anxiety and arthritis, it will be, well, interesting.

I have not visited or spoken to my father in a while.
It had been a month(?) and I had finally felt a bit good one day.
 I was making homemade soup and he called.
 I wish to god I had never answered.
He heard my voice and said "hey you sound good!"
 and immediately began demanding me to come take him to diner.
My day was destroyed.
The next day my phone rang and rang and rang over 20 times.
I took care of my mother, but the anxiety rose & rose.
Had to unplug answering machine from his demands.
It sent me into a dreadful awful place
of which I am still trying to recover with new medication.


2 comments:

CAROLDEE said...

Oh dear.. I am so sad to hear that things are so down there. I know taking care of your mom is so demanding now.I have NEVER EVER heard of a reduction in your social security check unless there was a massive error in the beginning. Hope that all gets straightened out. As for taking her along..wow..you might want help for that too. Take care..I know the winter is brutal right now.

Bella said...

Try calling SS first to see if it can be resolved that way. My mother is in a Nursing Home and can not travel so all SS related issues are handled via phone with her able to give permission for them to talk to me. Try it.