Aug 2, 2012

Every Morning ALZ

I call my mother every morning at 10 to make sure she has eaten breakfast
 and to encourage her to get going and take a shower.
Keeping track of the condition of her hair since she doesn't like to wash it every day,
 I tell her to wash it.
She was ready WAY too early yesterday to go out with a friend.
I am quite aware this is a "golden" time when she can still do these things on her own.
Last night I cooked up a chicken breast & put it on salad for her dinner.
She is still able to cook TV dinners in the toaster oven, but I have individually wrapped salmon, chicken, and tilapia in her freezer also that I can easily toss in and cook for a more nutritious choice.
I think she is quite aware of her lack of memory,
 I tell her "it's alright" and make like it's no big deal.
 Same with incorrect words coming out or not being able to think of words-
Yesterday she said the boccie players "threw up" instead of taking a break-
 We got a big laugh out of that one....


No comments: