After running around doing errands I came back and took mother to the library & icecream. The whole way she tormented me with wanting to live elsewhere. She has been spreading her unhappiness about living in this state for over 50 years. She blamed her husband for taking her away from her home state, and was miserable about it till he left her 30 years ago.
There is no reasoning with her.
She has had years to leave, she has no one there any more, what ever I can think of doesn't matter. She says she will know the streets- uh, you cannot live in your old house. It is maddening and I cannot help but feel anger towards her for spoiling an afternoon.
ya,ya, I know, it's the disease, and yet it's her age old problem.
Every day.
1 comment:
Last two words told the story..it is every single day..they would not know if you took them back to their old home because it is NOT what they remember if they remember it. There is NO PLEASING a person with this horrible disease at all. None!Very frustrating for the caregivers that is for sure. Hopefully soon she will be in her own little world and not care where she lives. Hugs to you I know it is hard.
Post a Comment