I have decided as of today not to call my mother & tell her to get her laundry together. She used to say "Ok" and strip the bed... but lately it triggers a number of phone calls filled with confusion and fear of her clothes "getting mixed up with everyone else's".
She is also expressing fear of going out into the hallway alone, even though I live two doors down.
I find that she is pretending to remember things we have done with an "Ah, yes..." I never ask her if she remembers doing things, I talk about them like I would to someone who wasn't there- I can tell she doesn't really remember but is just agreeing with me.
Well, time to go do her laundry and then an oldies concert here. It causes me great pain to sit for this amount of time, but I know she loves music.
1 comment:
The things we do in the name of love!
Post a Comment