The anxiety I have about the basic cable going digital business is too much.
She doesn't understand and it is going to be a nightmare of confusion like it
was last year when I hooked her antennae to a converter box.
Back then she was unplugging the box and changing the tv off ch3 and screwing
it all up and I was constantly having to go over and reset it all.
god take this away from me......
4 comments:
My mother now won't even attempt to turn the TV on. She just sits and rocks and pretends to read the newspaper and is so stubborn she won't ask anyone to turn it on for her. If I try to ask her why she won't ask, she claims she wanted to read and not watch the television. All I know is that this path we are on is not an easy one nor is it one anyone truly understands unless they journey on it themselves.
I actually smiled when reading your blog entry. It made me think about my stepfather and how he used to screw the TV up by pushing button on the remote. It sometimes used to take me a half hour trying to figure out what he had done to it. I wanted to throw the remote out the doors some days and no matter how many times I asked him not to just push buttons, he still did. And now he's gone and you know what? I'd give anything, even being stressed out to the max to have him back.
I think it's a no win situation and one that isn't meant to be easy or make any sense.
my mother has the button pushing thing down to a science- even her caller ID is constantly being changed to a different language!
You'll have to really start worrying when she understands all the different languages!
LOL, the comments! My mom used to LOVE TV, now it is just an annoyance. Makes me sad. (She enjoyed so little.)
Post a Comment