My father was sent to the VA hospital on Friday for difficulty breathing and chest pain.
I thought they meant a heart attack but that wasn't it.
He had fluid in his lungs which they dried up with diuretics.
Then, because it was the weekend, nothing was done.
I called and called- no Dr.
Monday he was seen by residents.
Then he got an echocardiogram.
The next day he got the results- fluid around heart & a bad valve.
Every day this week I called and called wanting to speak to a Dr.
I couldn't figure out why they were keeping him when they weren't going to do any treatment.
Finally I got a call tuesday 8am saying he would get stress test wednesday!
I was aggravated- why make him stay over night for this and why give him a stress test??
He got the stress test & another echo that day.
wednesday was another day hanging around for results.
Today, thursday I hope he will be going back home.
Their prognosis- Bad valve. On low dose diuretics.
1 comment:
Those valves are tricky..I hope he is not in any pain..Running multiple tests is something they do BECAUSE THEY CAN.. I would be ticked too..they are not used to anyone contradicting their orders. Keep it up..YOU ARE YOUR PARENTS VOICE.
Post a Comment