Well, I brought mom to a wonderful place today called The Mary Wade Home.
Very well lit and lots of windows and activity going on. There are residents of all ages there that go downstairs to the daycare to do things. This is good because they are still 'with it'. They proposed I leave her for a couple hours and come back for a meeting to see how she likes it.
Well, they were doing chair exercises when I left and she wanted to leave.
It had only been 15 minutes and she was already complaining that she was just sitting.
Ugh.
...... Well, I picked her up and she couldn't WAIT to get the heck
out of there... moody and saying she wasn't going back.
How does one deal with this?
1 comment:
Elderly sure complain a lot I hear you on that one. They are set in their ways and habits and just do not want to change them. I did find that the longer mom was in the tendercare (she had to be in)she did adapt and became friendly with some of the workers. The term GRUMPY OLD MEN needs to have GRUMPY OLD WOMEN added to it!!
Post a Comment