I forgot to post this photo of what I did last week in mom's room.
I had to climb up on her dresser to put the stuff high enough
to keep it safely away from reach.
She has been great for the past few visits but
this time she was a tad ... Not sure how to describe it....
people said she had been "feisty" all week-
but I found her anxious. Her aid said mom kicked her in the leg...
She wouldnt settle down, yelling at each person to get moving
someone is coming etc.
Closing herself in rooms and pulling the
curtains across, hiding. Her legs swollen from walking too much.
She wasnt acting frightened but very concerned for people to
Get Moving! Come On! The other poor residents and visitors sheesh!
Finally she ate a little lasagna and I gave her icecream which she mixed
with her greenbeans .
Needless to say, it was an exhausting two hours.

2 comments:
I don't often visit here. Not sure why I just click on the link for your other blog first. The room decorations are great. They loudly proclaim "someone cares." That's so important.
What a lovely idea for a room decorations and you're a sweet daughter to do that for your mother. The cycle of life is less than kind at times and at times,doing the right thing is difficult but because our hearts are in the right place, we persevere...
Post a Comment