Oct 12, 2014

Cannot let it get to me

It is quite difficult not to let things my mother does get to me.
Like this morning I didnt get there to get her breakfast
before she ate a klondike bar. I set out breakfast anyways.
Or finding a bowl of food in her dresser drawer.
Leaving her for a half hour and going back to find
her entire closet rearranged so she cannot find anything.
Cereal box and other items hidden so that
"they" wont take them.
Pulling everything out of storage room and then saying
there isnt anywhere to put them away.
It is interesting she does everything to her own detriment,
a battle against herself.... one hiding things the other needs..

2 comments:

CAROLDEE said...

It is strange wondering how the brain works I agree..it's a hard time for you and not so much for her as her memory span is so short. You do a wonderful job taking care of her. Blessings to you and her.

Joy Walker said...

I really like how you phrase that! It totally DOES seem like two people working against each other.