Apr 13, 2014

Father

Well I did it,
after many many months I saw him.
There was just no way I was going to the nursing home,
so I met him and my sister at the diner.
The waitresses were very surprised to see me and all
came to talk.
About a half hour later they came in..
it was very strange to see my sister doing what i
was doing all those years. It was an eye-opener.
It was pitiful.
He really should be in a chair.
He was happy to see me and I showed him lots of
photos. Later, I sat next to him and held his
hand and he thanked me for all I had done for him.

Unfortunately, I found out that my sister has not
been paying his credit card bill when it was rejected.

I found it interesting that the waitress hugged her,
I never received that when I was going there all that
time....
Came home and found that mother had not eaten the
lunch I had left for her.
Walking over to her place after getting back I wondered
to myself how the hell i took care of both of them
all that time.



1 comment:

CAROLDEE said...

Yes sometimes you look back and see how strong you were and able to do so much and amaze yourself. Others told me too and I guess I was just in the caregiving mode and could not see it. I am glad you saw him and he acknowledges all the love and care you gave him. :-)