Feb 23, 2012

Dementia out of sight alone

Just got a call from my mother.
I had been with her today but she said "you're home! been out all day?"
I recounted the things we did and she replied that she felt strange, so I went over.
She opened her door and watched me walk down the hall.
After some carefully worded prodding she finally said that she felt like she was completely alone with no one near. She didn't feel right. I think she might have gotten scared about it or overwhelmingly alone.
I reassured her I was next door and how great that was.
Then turned on some music and got us some pumpkin pie, her favorite.
It must be extremely frightening to constantly forget your living situation.

1 comment:

CAROLDEE said...

So glad you are so close by now..can only imagine what she thinks of.Things are changing I guess. When she wakes and has no idea where she is will be time to make new decisions.Big hugs to you I know how it goes.