Every six months I take mom to the Dr. to be retested and see how she is doing.
The Dr said she was quite "animated" today, her short term memory is practically zero,
and she said she is bored and feels trapped in her apartment.
I told them I take her out every day but she doesn't remember.
The social worker(?) gave me a bunch of pamphlets -
I started to sink into a hole again, the one I sink into when pamphlets are dumped on me.
I told her I needed a secretary or someone to make all these calls for a companion service.
Plus application for respite monies if they can be used.
I told her I was very nervous about hiring a stranger to come into mom's place.
She reassured me that they only recommend bonded people etc.
Also that I could call and hire a "geriatric case manager" .
Our 15 minutes were up- three of which he had been on the phone
and a bunch I spent alone in the room.
"See you in six months!"
1 comment:
I do understand your hesitancy to hire a person to help out but if the people are screened and bonded then that is a great thing. You should feel secure at least some that the person is reliable and trusted enough to stay with her. Hugs to you as I have been in those shoes too. : )
Post a Comment