Since my mother has gained some weight she is very confused as to why her clothing does not fit. Lately, every time I go over there she hands me underwear & shorts or whatever and says that they must be mine- "they're huge" (she means small) "You must have left them here". After protesting and explaining the last few times hasn't worked I just take the items.
But this created a problem, she needed new underwear and she is a person who pays huge attention to size labels.
I bought her proper sized underpants but she was alarmed at the size printed on them. After trying them on countless times, and totally confused why the stretched out old 5's fit her as well as the 9's I told her that tomorrow she would be calling me saying they were MY underwear and that she should write herself a note.
Same with the new sneakers I got her-which she Loves. I kept pointing at them and reminding her they were new & to look at them closely.
I left the apartment with all her old underwear & sneakers so she would have nothing to compare the new ones to.
I know the note will be lost and she will be wondering who left their things there...ah well, we did our best.
2 comments:
day 1- she remembered new shoes & didnt ask about underwear
day2 she forgot about underwear but when showed note she relented. Still Loves sneakers.
Post a Comment