My mother said she had been in bed thinking about her childhood home.
She has wanted to return there since 1959.
I often wonder what my childhood would have been like if my mother hadn't resented being moved away by her husband's job.
Suddenly there was no family support, in a strange state with young children, all alone.
There isn't anything I can do about it now, and it is all she talks about.
Having dementia, it is hard to speak logically to her that it wouldn't be the same-
Sometimes I get tired of it and tell her to call her son, who lives on her old street.
Ask to go live with him, I say.
I have nothing to offer to make it better.
1 comment:
Yes indeed and even without dementia or alzheimers the patients or PARENTS can be relentless about what they miss the most. Mom also was away from ALL family and they had NO support at all here. She did the best she could but longed for the company of her siblings and parents. I heard her speak many times as she lay dying of being with her mom and dad again and how good it would be after so many years. Hugs to you as I know how hard it really is..
Post a Comment