Wednesday the VA picked dad up & brought him to the hospital.
The driver left him in the chair there for a while and they did nothing for him- he sat in the wheelchair while they said they had no paperwork or record that he had been there last Wednesday for his hip.
I was told this by the seacrest manager that he was then loaded back into the van and brought back.
WTF?
The manager found this out and called the VA saying that dad was in pain and had to be seen!
So, they drove him BACK. No wonder I didnt get a call from the Dr. till late that evening. They did a CAT scan and found a crack.
Thursday AM I went over to his apartment room and removed his wallet,keys,lockbox and other important items. Then went over to see him at the hospital. He was sitting in a wheelchair covered in covers with a towel on his head for warmth. He was thirsty & hungry. He had been left in the chair for hours, the bed wasn't even MADE! The nurse was in a bad mood and said he was able to go to the bathroom himself. SO I had to help him maneuver the chair. I had to get him his breakfast,water,coffee. I heard her say She had "bad gas" and "couldnt wait to leave". The VA in west haven is a dump-blood on the floor and everything, ugh!
His back hurt from sitting in the chair so long so I made a pillow out of blankets and he lay down on the unmade bed.
They said his type of hip crack does not require surgery and that he was going to be evaluated and most likely sent back to seacrest.
He called me at 6pm when he was back, and I brought him his belongings.
1 comment:
These kind of places and employees should have to be turned into someone ...who I have no idea.. maybe a congressman or woman.. It is just disgusting the treatment that they get. SO WHAT if it doesn't need surgery.. IT STILL HURTS!! Grrrrr
Post a Comment